- Yukio Ozaki, University of Yamanashi
- Hugo ten Cate, Academic Hospital Maastricht
Original clinical investigation
Aims & scope
Thrombosis Journal is a peer-reviewed, online, open access journal that aims to publish biologically significant findings with clinical relevance in the field of acute and chronic vascular thrombotic disease.
"Treatment and prophylaxis of thrombotic and bleeding disorders is of great importance to worldwide population, and there is a great need to facilitate the research activities related to this field. The aim of Thrombosis Journal is to provide a platform for which these important studies are visible to all members of the scientific community and public."
"Open access is a critical element in dissemination of knowledge and research data throughout the world. In the field of thrombosis and haemostasis many developments are relevant, not only for the developed world, but also for those in underdeveloped nations where access to journals may be limited. The strength of Thrombosis Journal is that is can be accessed by everyone, everywhere. I strongly encourage scientists to submit their valuable data (clinical and basic research) to Thrombosis Journal, where we provide a platform for the full range of thrombosis and haemostasis related topics (also including case reports and special issue contributions)."
APC payment options
Open access publishing is not without costs. BioMed Central defrays these costs through article-processing charges (APCs) because it does not have subscription charges for its research content. The company instead believes that immediate, worldwide, barrier-free, open access to the full text of research articles is in the best interests of the scientific community.
However we do not want the APC to become a barrier in itself, we therefore offer a number of solutions to authors who are unable to pay the £1170 APC:
- Many funding agencies allow the use of their grants for this purpose, a list of these agencies is available here. It is advisable to check this before requesting a waiver.
- Full Membership: If your institution is a member of BioMed Central the APC will be covered by this membership.
- Supporter Member discounts: if your institution is a supporter of BioMed Central you are entitled to a 15% discount. - Check if your institution is a member here.
- Authors from low-income countries are entitled to a discount as part of our Open Access Waiver Fund.
Still can't pay? Request a discount during the submissions process and our Waivers team will contact you.
For more information on the APC see our FAQs page.
Inflammation and its role in thrombosis
Edited by: Prof Domenico Prisco
Published: 1 May 2015
Global Assays in thrombosis, what are they and why do we need them?
Edited by: Prof Mikhail Panteleev, Prof Coenraad Hemker
Published: 12 January 2015
Last updated: 10 February 2015